It’s a family affair as Louise Atkins and company take centre stage at the Royston panto
- Credit: Archant
Music teacher Louise Atkins is no stranger to pantos.
She’s been musical director for 15 fun-filled seasonal shows with Royston amateur production group CADS and this year the cast includes a few familiar faces.
Joining Louise in the production of Cinderella will be husband David as ugly sister Katty, son Edward as Prince Charmian, and daughter Alice in the band.
Louise has just finished the dress rehearsal along with the cast to put together the finishing touches before the debut show tomorrow night.
She said: “We’ve just had a very busy weekend practicing non-stop. It’s looking to be a great show.”
You may also want to watch:
Louise said working with amateur actors is a joy as everybody works so hard to bring themselves up to scratch.
She said: “It’s always entertaining. The cast is from all walks of life with very different experiences. I enjoy working with amateurs as they do it for fun.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
The audience can expect a mix of recognisable songs this year from the global Pharrell Williams 2014 hit Happy to Electric Light Orchestra’s foot-tapping chart-topper Mr Blue Sky.
Louise said: “The trick is getting a range of different styles and genres of music in the panto to appeal to a wide ranging audience, so both young and old people can get involved.”
CADS will be performing Cinderella tomorrow night and on Saturday at Meridian School in Garden Walk with further shows next Friday and Saturday, January 30 and 31.
You can buy tickets online at positickets.co.uk or book by calling 07925 674967.