It’s a big thank you to mark Royston in Blue
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of Royston in Blue held a presentation evening to thank everyone for taking part in the annual fundraising run, and to present prizes to the highest fundraisers.
An amazing £21,553 was raised for the Teenage Cancer Trust through this year’s 5km run on Therfield Heath.
Jack Bebbington was presented with gym membership for his fundraising efforts, and a cheque was presented to Judith Anderson from the charity.
Event organiser Lisa Thompson said: “The committee would like to thank everyone who helped make the day possible.
“Special thanks to all the sponsors, the volunteers, participants, Toby and the staff at The Heath, Julian Berry and Roger Huffer.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s event saw 700 people sporting blue T-shirts as they lined up to take part in the charity race.
The fastest runner was 14-year-old Ewan Rees.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College