It’s a big thank you to mark Royston in Blue
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of Royston in Blue held a presentation evening to thank everyone for taking part in the annual fundraising run, and to present prizes to the highest fundraisers.
An amazing £21,553 was raised for the Teenage Cancer Trust through this year’s 5km run on Therfield Heath.
Jack Bebbington was presented with gym membership for his fundraising efforts, and a cheque was presented to Judith Anderson from the charity.
Event organiser Lisa Thompson said: “The committee would like to thank everyone who helped make the day possible.
“Special thanks to all the sponsors, the volunteers, participants, Toby and the staff at The Heath, Julian Berry and Roger Huffer.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s event saw 700 people sporting blue T-shirts as they lined up to take part in the charity race.
The fastest runner was 14-year-old Ewan Rees.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe