Iron Maiden front man Bruce Dickinson lands at Duxford’s Imperial War Museum ahead of weekend air show
- Credit: Archant
It may not have been the Flight of Icarus, but Iron Maiden front man Bruce Dickinson dropped in at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford, this week.
It may not have been the Flight of Icarus, but Iron Maiden front man Bruce Dickinson dropped in at a Crow country museum this week.
Mr Dickinson will be flying his replica Fokker DR1 aircraft as part of the Great War Display Team, which will be taking part in an air display at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford this weekend as part of the museum’s annual autumn air show.
The display is part of the commemoration of the outbreak of the First World War.
“First World War aircraft are what I would term ‘unfailingly interesting’ in their flying characteristics,” said Mr Dickinson, who flew in to Duxford on Tuesday in preparation for the show. “The triplanes in particular are independent-minded on the ground. In the air it is a pure dogfighter.
You may also want to watch:
“This will be my first Duxford as a display pilot, so it’s a big thrill and I hope we stir the passions in the audience. It’s quite a sight, nine First World War fighters mixing it up, close and personal.”
Events will take place throughout the weekend at the museum, and tickets can purchased on the gate, or in advance from www.iwm.org.uk.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation