Insulation can cut bills, says council
KEEP out the cold this winter by improving the energy efficiency of your home. That s the message from South Cambridgeshire District Council, which wants to help residents save up to �365 a year on their fuel bills. The district council has teamed up with
KEEP out the cold this winter by improving the energy efficiency of your home.
That's the message from South Cambridgeshire District Council, which wants to help residents save up to �365 a year on their fuel bills.
The district council has teamed up with the Enact managed Heat Project to provide householders, private tenants and residential landlords across the district with information on the grants available to help them install loft and cavity wall insulation into their homes.
Cllr Sue Ellington, district council portfolio holder for environmental services, said: "At a time when we could all do with saving a few pounds, we would encourage as many residents as possible to take advantage of the opportunities available to them to not only save money but also to reduce their carbon emissions and their impact on the environment."
You may also want to watch:
Mailings will be sent out over the coming months and the Royal Mail Carbon Neutral scheme is being utilised to ensure the environmental impact of the mailing is minimised and negated.
Residents who receive an income or disability-related benefit, may qualify for a grant that covers the entire cost of installing cavity wall and loft insulation into their home.
- 1 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 5 Great Cambridgeshire places to find a Great British pie
- 5 Make Lunch Royston: Drop-ins back at vital summer holidays support scheme
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
It is said that this type of insulation can prevent more than half of the heat generated by a central heating system escaping through the walls and roof of a property, preserving warmth and money.
For further information about the Heat Project call free on 0800 093 4050.