Insulation can cut bills, says council
KEEP out the cold this winter by improving the energy efficiency of your home. That s the message from South Cambridgeshire District Council, which wants to help residents save up to �365 a year on their fuel bills. The district council has teamed up with
KEEP out the cold this winter by improving the energy efficiency of your home.
That's the message from South Cambridgeshire District Council, which wants to help residents save up to �365 a year on their fuel bills.
The district council has teamed up with the Enact managed Heat Project to provide householders, private tenants and residential landlords across the district with information on the grants available to help them install loft and cavity wall insulation into their homes.
Cllr Sue Ellington, district council portfolio holder for environmental services, said: "At a time when we could all do with saving a few pounds, we would encourage as many residents as possible to take advantage of the opportunities available to them to not only save money but also to reduce their carbon emissions and their impact on the environment."
You may also want to watch:
Mailings will be sent out over the coming months and the Royal Mail Carbon Neutral scheme is being utilised to ensure the environmental impact of the mailing is minimised and negated.
Residents who receive an income or disability-related benefit, may qualify for a grant that covers the entire cost of installing cavity wall and loft insulation into their home.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
It is said that this type of insulation can prevent more than half of the heat generated by a central heating system escaping through the walls and roof of a property, preserving warmth and money.
For further information about the Heat Project call free on 0800 093 4050.