‘Inspirational’ Kneesworth social worker wins silver award
- Credit: Matt Grayson
A social worker has received national recognition for her support of vulnerable people at a prestigious awards ceremony.
Linda Ram was named Mental Health Social Worker of the Year runner up at the Social Worker of the Year Awards in London on Friday.
Linda is head of social work and patient related services of a 157 hospital at Kneesworth House in Kneesworth.
She said: “I feel really humbled and delighted to win this award, because there are so many fantastic mental health social workers out there.
“I’d like to thank my employer, Partnerships in Care, for supporting my vision, all the loyal staff and colleagues I’ve worked with, and the service users who have taught me everything.”
You may also want to watch:
The judges described Linda as a ‘great inspiration’ and said her entry showed the ‘impact that social work can have in improving holistic care and outcomes of people.’
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 10 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals