‘Inspirational’ Kneesworth social worker wins silver award
- Credit: Matt Grayson
A social worker has received national recognition for her support of vulnerable people at a prestigious awards ceremony.
Linda Ram was named Mental Health Social Worker of the Year runner up at the Social Worker of the Year Awards in London on Friday.
Linda is head of social work and patient related services of a 157 hospital at Kneesworth House in Kneesworth.
She said: “I feel really humbled and delighted to win this award, because there are so many fantastic mental health social workers out there.
“I’d like to thank my employer, Partnerships in Care, for supporting my vision, all the loyal staff and colleagues I’ve worked with, and the service users who have taught me everything.”
You may also want to watch:
The judges described Linda as a ‘great inspiration’ and said her entry showed the ‘impact that social work can have in improving holistic care and outcomes of people.’
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images