‘Inspirational’ Kneesworth social worker wins silver award
- Credit: Matt Grayson
A social worker has received national recognition for her support of vulnerable people at a prestigious awards ceremony.
Linda Ram was named Mental Health Social Worker of the Year runner up at the Social Worker of the Year Awards in London on Friday.
Linda is head of social work and patient related services of a 157 hospital at Kneesworth House in Kneesworth.
She said: “I feel really humbled and delighted to win this award, because there are so many fantastic mental health social workers out there.
“I’d like to thank my employer, Partnerships in Care, for supporting my vision, all the loyal staff and colleagues I’ve worked with, and the service users who have taught me everything.”
The judges described Linda as a ‘great inspiration’ and said her entry showed the ‘impact that social work can have in improving holistic care and outcomes of people.’
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge