‘Inspirational’ Kneesworth social worker wins silver award
- Credit: Matt Grayson
A social worker has received national recognition for her support of vulnerable people at a prestigious awards ceremony.
Linda Ram was named Mental Health Social Worker of the Year runner up at the Social Worker of the Year Awards in London on Friday.
Linda is head of social work and patient related services of a 157 hospital at Kneesworth House in Kneesworth.
She said: “I feel really humbled and delighted to win this award, because there are so many fantastic mental health social workers out there.
“I’d like to thank my employer, Partnerships in Care, for supporting my vision, all the loyal staff and colleagues I’ve worked with, and the service users who have taught me everything.”
You may also want to watch:
The judges described Linda as a ‘great inspiration’ and said her entry showed the ‘impact that social work can have in improving holistic care and outcomes of people.’
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club