Inspectors praise attitude and behaviour of pupils at Bassingbourn Village College
BEHAVIOUR and attitude of pupils at a village college has been praised by inspectors. The inspectors from Ofsted visited Bassingbourn Village College earlier this year, and gave the college an overall rating of satisfactory . In their report, they noted:
BEHAVIOUR and attitude of pupils at a village college has been praised by inspectors.
The inspectors from Ofsted visited Bassingbourn Village College earlier this year, and gave the college an overall rating of "satisfactory".
In their report, they noted: "The students' positive attitudes make a strong contribution to learning and to the school's good ethos.
"Students routinely demonstrate responsibility by conducting themselves well, and have a mature approach to their own well-being and that of others; they are thoughtful and express their considered opinions very clearly."
You may also want to watch:
College principal Scott Hudson said: "Clearly the report indicates that we have much to be proud of and celebrate. The inspectors indicated that we are a very caring and supportive school and students enjoy college and approach their studies very positively.
"We recognise that there are areas in which we need to improve and we are already taking action to address these."
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 3 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 4 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
The inspectors were also impressed by level of achievement of the college's students.
"Standards have risen significantly since the last inspection and are well above national figures," the report said.
Mr Hudson pledged that he and his staff will continue to strive towards achieving outstanding school status.
"This is an exciting time to be part of Bassingbourn Village College - the developments we are making to our curriculum and improvements to our facilities will enable the quality of our provision and standards to improve further on our journey to becoming an outstanding school," he added.