Indoors and outdoors, Hall helpers can support Wimpole’s summer work
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Like all National Trust properties Wimpole relies on its excellent volunteers to make sure everything runs smoothly and visitors receive a warm welcome during this busy time.
In order to meet demand, more volunteers are needed in a number of new and exciting roles.
Visitor welcome volunteers are needed to greet visitors, give them information, deal with ticket sales and make sure they enjoy their day.
Visitor experience volunteers champion the National Trust’s ‘Getting Outdoors and Closer to Nature’ campaign by helping with Wimpole’s range of outdoor education activities.
You may also want to watch:
As a garden guide you will be trained to provide an exceptional visitor experience through the interpretation of the garden, or why not become a plant sales volunteer and help in the care of the plant stock and the display of new plants for sale?
Tractor ride conductors are an essential part of operating Wimpole’s tractor shuttle service between the Stable Block and Home Farm and farm volunteers (weekends only) and farm guides are also being recruited.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well
Finally, if you have skills in website management and use of social media tools then why not become a social and digital media volunteer and help raise the profile of the property, advertise events, and develop stronger links with the local community.
Which one would you like to help with? Just tell us!You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk