In the pink!
ALMOST �20,000 was raised by this year’s pink ribbon run in July.
A grand total of �17,872 was the confirmed amount, which will go towards Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Royston Mayor Cllr Martin Beaver, who took part in the event, said: “It’s such a good event, and I’m delighted that this amount was raised for such a worthy cause.”
A presentation was made at Hush Beauty Salon in Kneesworth Street, Royston, last week. Hush sponsored the prize for the biggest fund raiser, which was a pamper day for two.
School children from Meridian, Greneway and Icknield Walk all took place, with nine-year-old Alexa Thompson, a Greneway pupil, raising �600. Alexa was the winner of a pool party at Royston leisure Centre.
You may also want to watch:
All who raised over �250 were presneted with a certificate at an awards ceremony at Therfield Heath on October 1.
Christine Brown of Marie Curie reminded that the total could still be added to.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
“If any money is outstanding then people can still pay it by going into the Saffron Building Society.”