In the pink!
ALMOST �20,000 was raised by this year’s pink ribbon run in July.
A grand total of �17,872 was the confirmed amount, which will go towards Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Royston Mayor Cllr Martin Beaver, who took part in the event, said: “It’s such a good event, and I’m delighted that this amount was raised for such a worthy cause.”
A presentation was made at Hush Beauty Salon in Kneesworth Street, Royston, last week. Hush sponsored the prize for the biggest fund raiser, which was a pamper day for two.
School children from Meridian, Greneway and Icknield Walk all took place, with nine-year-old Alexa Thompson, a Greneway pupil, raising �600. Alexa was the winner of a pool party at Royston leisure Centre.
You may also want to watch:
All who raised over �250 were presneted with a certificate at an awards ceremony at Therfield Heath on October 1.
Christine Brown of Marie Curie reminded that the total could still be added to.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 4 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 10 Have your say at virtual town meeting
“If any money is outstanding then people can still pay it by going into the Saffron Building Society.”