In scheme of things...
A TEACHER from Australia has visited a school in Royston to help set up a new pioneering learning scheme. Jane Satchwell of Melbourne has spent three weeks in the UK studying the learning process in a number of schools. After visiting schools in Edinburgh
A TEACHER from Australia has visited a school in Royston to help set up a new pioneering learning scheme.
Jane Satchwell of Melbourne has spent three weeks in the UK studying the learning process in a number of schools.
After visiting schools in Edinburgh and Yorkshire, Mrs Satchwell made her way to Greneway School in Garden Walk, Royston.
The idea behind Mrs Satchwell's trip was to set up links and introduce digital portfolio's.
The portfolios act as a collection of the children's work and can help build on long term learning. Pupils can record and save their work and achievements on video, which can be looked at for future reference.
Mrs Satchwell said: "It's been a pleasure to have been given this opportunity to work with Greneway. The school has a lovely feel and ethos to it.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 8 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
"I am here to help the school recognise new learning possibilities, in which the children look at their own learning and take responsibility and a more active role with their studies.
"It gives teachers and pupils an opportunity to reflect on their work by digitally saving their achievements and targets in a folder of work. It will show their progress and set goals for the future.