Take on the challenge at IWM's Duxford Dash
- Credit: IWM
The Imperial War Museum's Duxford Dash is returning for the second year running this month, with a day of races for different ages and abilities.
On Sunday, October 17, IWM Duxford will host a fun day of races over 5k, 10k and a 'family mile'.
The event is designed for either improving runners looking for a challenge, experienced runners looking for a challenge, or a packed day out for anyone inspired by the Cambridge Half Marathon, which is taking place on the same day.
Tickets for the event also include entry to the Imperial War Museum itself after the race.
Samantha Lee, events coordinator at IWM Duxford, said, “After our successful inaugural Duxford Dash last year, we’re excited to once again welcome runners of every ability to IWM Duxford next Sunday and give people a new way to explore our site with historic aircraft and military vehicles positioned on the race course to give it a real sense of place.
"We hope all those who participate, whether they know Duxford well or are visiting for the first time, will also make the most of their day and enjoy looking around our museum hangars afterwards and discover even more of what Duxford has to offer. Good luck to all the racers!”
Tickets cost £13 for the family mile (for ages five and over) and £26 for the 10k or 5k, which are open to those age 15 and up.
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Royston Photographic Society announces latest competition winners
- 8 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
To sign up go to https://www.iwm.org.uk/events/duxford-dash