If you can lend a hand on Tuesday, hands up to help Royston Day Centre
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Are you free on a Tuesday – once a week, once a fortnight or once a month? Do you have good basic cooking skills that are appreciated by friends and family?
You could really make a difference to some of our lovely older residents who come to Royston Day Centre to socialise with people of a similar age and enjoy a different activity every day, followed by a freshly prepared two-course lunch.
Located in the Old Barn behind the High Street, the centre is a warm friendly place where your help would be greatly appreciated and you will meet some lovely people.
Without the help of volunteers, this wonderful facility would not be able to provide what is often the highlight of the week for those living alone or who can no longer get out and about easily.
You may also want to watch:
Your help is urgently needed for the Tuesday session when practical friendly people are needed between 9.30am and 1pm to prepare, serve and clear away the meals, help with teas and coffees and wash up. No formal skills or experience is needed but volunteers need to be able to take on responsibility regarding the organising and serving of the hot lunch.
In-house training on basic food hygiene is on offer and DBS checks are carried out free of charge.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Any help you can give on a flexible basis that suits you would be most appreciated even if it is not on a Tuesday
To get involved, just contact us and we will put you in touch.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk