If you can lend a hand on Tuesday, hands up to help Royston Day Centre
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Are you free on a Tuesday – once a week, once a fortnight or once a month? Do you have good basic cooking skills that are appreciated by friends and family?
You could really make a difference to some of our lovely older residents who come to Royston Day Centre to socialise with people of a similar age and enjoy a different activity every day, followed by a freshly prepared two-course lunch.
Located in the Old Barn behind the High Street, the centre is a warm friendly place where your help would be greatly appreciated and you will meet some lovely people.
Without the help of volunteers, this wonderful facility would not be able to provide what is often the highlight of the week for those living alone or who can no longer get out and about easily.
You may also want to watch:
Your help is urgently needed for the Tuesday session when practical friendly people are needed between 9.30am and 1pm to prepare, serve and clear away the meals, help with teas and coffees and wash up. No formal skills or experience is needed but volunteers need to be able to take on responsibility regarding the organising and serving of the hot lunch.
In-house training on basic food hygiene is on offer and DBS checks are carried out free of charge.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 History Society unveils new town heritage board
Any help you can give on a flexible basis that suits you would be most appreciated even if it is not on a Tuesday
To get involved, just contact us and we will put you in touch.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk