ICT mark of quality for Meridian School
A ROYSTON school has been recognised as one of the leading institutions in the country when it comes to using ICT. Following an extensive external assessment, the Meridian School has been awarded the ICT Mark by Becta, the Government-funded body responsib
A ROYSTON school has been recognised as one of the leading institutions in the country when it comes to using ICT.
Following an extensive external assessment, the Meridian School has been awarded the ICT Mark by Becta, the Government-funded body responsible for promoting the use of ICT in Britain's schools and colleges.
Headteacher Dr Michael Firth said he was "delighted" to receive the mark.
"It recognises our positive approach to ICT and the benefits it is bringing to our students," he added.
You may also want to watch:
"We believe that ICT can be used in every aspect of learning and that it is essential our students are equipped for the modern world."
The award recognises the school's success in developing the strategic use of ICT in both administration and across the curriculum. Parents will have proof that their children are attending a school at the forefront of modern technology.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
Hertfordshire County Council's Pat Williams said: "The county council is determined that all local children will have the best opportunity to excel in the jobs market of the future.
"Meridian should be congratulated on this wonderful achievement. This demonstrates the excellent ICT management and teaching that is taking place in local schools."
Neil McLean, executive director for institutional and workforce development at Becta, said that Meridian "thoroughly deserves" its accolade.
"They clearly demonstrate how important it is to take a holistic approach to using ICT in schools. Their investment in new technology has contributed to substantial improvements in learning," he added.