Ice causes major problems for motorists in Herts and Beds on Monday morning
ICE caused major problems for motorists in Herts and Beds on Monday morning with the police and ambulance service reporting many accidents. The A6001 in Henlow near Henlow Camp has been closed by police after a three-car accident. There are long tailba
ICE caused major problems for motorists in Herts and Beds on Monday morning with the police and ambulance service reporting many accidents.
The A6001 in Henlow near Henlow Camp has been closed by police after a three-car accident. There are long tailbacks of traffic in both directions and drivers are being urged to fined alternative routes.
The B1042 Sandy Road, Potton, is blocked westbound due to an overturned vehicle and there is heavy traffic between the Black Cat roundabout and the A428 St Neots Road after an accident.
On the A505 in Hitchin eastbound on Parkway at the junction with the A602 drivers are being warned of hazardous conditions because of ice.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists travelling south on the A1 (M) also faced a slow journey this morning with heavy traffic reported between junction 8 and 7 at Stevenage and further south there is congestion around junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works section.
On the M25 there are the normal problems between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood where there is a 50mph speed restriction around the road works and there are reports of heavy traffic between junction 15 at the Thornley Interchange and junction 17 at Maple Cross.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
On the M11 there remains slow moving traffic in both directions between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden because of road works and barrier repairs.