Ice causes major problems for motorists in Herts and Beds on Monday morning
ICE caused major problems for motorists in Herts and Beds on Monday morning with the police and ambulance service reporting many accidents. The A6001 in Henlow near Henlow Camp has been closed by police after a three-car accident. There are long tailba
ICE caused major problems for motorists in Herts and Beds on Monday morning with the police and ambulance service reporting many accidents.
The A6001 in Henlow near Henlow Camp has been closed by police after a three-car accident. There are long tailbacks of traffic in both directions and drivers are being urged to fined alternative routes.
The B1042 Sandy Road, Potton, is blocked westbound due to an overturned vehicle and there is heavy traffic between the Black Cat roundabout and the A428 St Neots Road after an accident.
On the A505 in Hitchin eastbound on Parkway at the junction with the A602 drivers are being warned of hazardous conditions because of ice.
Motorists travelling south on the A1 (M) also faced a slow journey this morning with heavy traffic reported between junction 8 and 7 at Stevenage and further south there is congestion around junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works section.
On the M25 there are the normal problems between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood where there is a 50mph speed restriction around the road works and there are reports of heavy traffic between junction 15 at the Thornley Interchange and junction 17 at Maple Cross.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
On the M11 there remains slow moving traffic in both directions between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden because of road works and barrier repairs.