‘I will make you eat it’: Angry messages left in chalk to Royston dog owner who is failing to pick up their mess
- Credit: Archant
A vigilante has taken to the streets of Royston armed with a chalk stick to highlight the plight of dog poo left on a pathway.
The chalk-graffiti artist has left messages along the path, next to the BMX track on Burns Road, to the repeat offender saying things like ‘shame on you’ and ‘when I catch you I will make you eat it’.
The ongoing issue of people not picking up their mess around the area has been a constant gripe of more thoughtful citizens in the community.
Joanna James, a dog owner and parent, was walking along the path earlier today when she saw the messages.
She said: “I’m a dog owner and there’s no way I would leave mess like that – it’s disgusting. I can see why the person has left the messages, it’s a bit vigilante and I do see their point.
You may also want to watch:
“The mess could turn a child blind if they fell in it. I can see it’s disgusting, they are huge.
“The powers that be are aware of it. I have never caught anyone doing it, they must be doing it really late or really early in the morning.
- 1 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 4 Reed cricket players show prominently after production of Herts Cricket League averages for 2020 season
- 5 New infection control method at college to give 'peace of mind'
- 6 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
- 7 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 8 COVID-19 figures in South Cambs fall and rise in North Herts
- 9 More supermarkets say customers without masks will be refused entry
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
“We need someone within the law to catch them and make them pay a fine. We need someone to go up and down the area to catch whoever is doing it. What’s the point in having signs saying you will be fined if they aren’t implementing it?”