I’ll end on a good one, says Bridget
A MOTHER of four from Chrishall completed her fifth – and final – Flora London Marathon on Sunday. Bridget Gough, 50, ran the gruelling 26miles in 4hr 51 min – her second fastest time. Mrs Gough also raised £1,500 for the Barley-based charity, Khandel-lig
A MOTHER of four from Chrishall completed her fifth - and final - Flora London Marathon on Sunday.
Bridget Gough, 50, ran the gruelling 26miles in 4hr 51 min - her second fastest time.
Mrs Gough also raised £1,500 for the Barley-based charity, Khandel-light, which was started by her husband Dr Peter Gough.
The charity works with deprived people in villages in a region of India.
You may also want to watch:
She also had to overcome training problems as she was only granted a place in the marathon in February - meaning her training was cut from six months to 10 weeks.
"The run was fine, much to my relief. I was pleased because I had not done a lot of training," she said.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
"The only problem was at 20 miles when my hip was hurting, but I managed to run it off.
"I don't think I will run again next year. I think I will end on a good one.