‘I hope this event will inspire people to take the next step’ – South Cambs MP Heidi Allen urges prospective teachers to head to information event in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
The MP for South Cambs is appealing to all would-be teachers to visit the two-hour Cambridgeshire Getting Into Teaching Event at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge Campus on Tuesday.
The event is a follow up to the initial teacher training evening Heidi Allen hosted in November and it is intended to provide undergraduates, mature students, career changers and anyone interested in teacher training with practical information about becoming a teacher.
Mrs Allen said: “Cambridgeshire is fortunate to have some of the best schools in the country but the recruitment shortage means we desperately need teachers in certain key subjects.
“I hope this event will inspire anyone interested in teaching to take the next step forward to joining this most valuable of professions.
“This event is intended to help individuals interested in a teaching career so if you’re a talented specialist subject student or career-changer come and find out what you could earn as a trainee and as a teacher and about future career opportunities.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will have dedicated specialists available to discuss funding possibilities, including the new £25,000 a year tax-free bursary scheme for specialist subject teachers.
Current teachers will also be on hand to discuss career progression and share their experiences of what it’s like to teach in the county at the event which starts at 6pm.
Further information can be found at www.teachincambs_event.eventbrite.co.uk.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Missing teen found safe and well
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch