‘I hope this event will inspire people to take the next step’ – South Cambs MP Heidi Allen urges prospective teachers to head to information event in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
The MP for South Cambs is appealing to all would-be teachers to visit the two-hour Cambridgeshire Getting Into Teaching Event at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge Campus on Tuesday.
The event is a follow up to the initial teacher training evening Heidi Allen hosted in November and it is intended to provide undergraduates, mature students, career changers and anyone interested in teacher training with practical information about becoming a teacher.
Mrs Allen said: “Cambridgeshire is fortunate to have some of the best schools in the country but the recruitment shortage means we desperately need teachers in certain key subjects.
“I hope this event will inspire anyone interested in teaching to take the next step forward to joining this most valuable of professions.
“This event is intended to help individuals interested in a teaching career so if you’re a talented specialist subject student or career-changer come and find out what you could earn as a trainee and as a teacher and about future career opportunities.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will have dedicated specialists available to discuss funding possibilities, including the new £25,000 a year tax-free bursary scheme for specialist subject teachers.
Current teachers will also be on hand to discuss career progression and share their experiences of what it’s like to teach in the county at the event which starts at 6pm.
Further information can be found at www.teachincambs_event.eventbrite.co.uk.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 10 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright