‘I can’t put in to words how exhilarating it was’ – Bassingbourn mum jumps out of plane to raise £1,300 for Cambridge hospital ward which saved son’s life
- Credit: Archant
A mum from Bassingbourn who jumped out of a plane to raise money for the Cambridge hospital ward that saved her son’s life said she was absolutely thrilled to raise more than £1,300.
Amy Parr put herself forward for the skydive to raise money for the Rosie Hospital NICU ward team who treated her son Jude for sepsis and lung condition pneumothorax hours after he was born, he is now recovered.
She said: “I can’t thank everyone enough for sponsoring me. I am absolutely thrilled with how much we have raised, £1,397.75 is an incredible amount.”
“I felt OK up until we were boarding the plane and then i was terrified, my instructor was great though and I felt like I was in good hands.
“The feeling of falling was out of this world, I can’t put in to words how exhilarating it was.
You may also want to watch:
The mum-of-five’s jump was initially postponed due to bad weather, but this didn’t put her off and she took the plunge on Wednesday last week.
“I was absolutely buzzing when we landed. I would definitely do it again.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
“It was a surreal feeling when I came home and picked the children up from school because a few hours earlier, I was jumping out of a plane!”
To add to Amy’s total see www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Amy-Parr2