‘I can’t put in to words how exhilarating it was’ – Bassingbourn mum jumps out of plane to raise £1,300 for Cambridge hospital ward which saved son’s life
- Credit: Archant
A mum from Bassingbourn who jumped out of a plane to raise money for the Cambridge hospital ward that saved her son’s life said she was absolutely thrilled to raise more than £1,300.
Amy Parr put herself forward for the skydive to raise money for the Rosie Hospital NICU ward team who treated her son Jude for sepsis and lung condition pneumothorax hours after he was born, he is now recovered.
She said: “I can’t thank everyone enough for sponsoring me. I am absolutely thrilled with how much we have raised, £1,397.75 is an incredible amount.”
“I felt OK up until we were boarding the plane and then i was terrified, my instructor was great though and I felt like I was in good hands.
“The feeling of falling was out of this world, I can’t put in to words how exhilarating it was.
You may also want to watch:
The mum-of-five’s jump was initially postponed due to bad weather, but this didn’t put her off and she took the plunge on Wednesday last week.
“I was absolutely buzzing when we landed. I would definitely do it again.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
“It was a surreal feeling when I came home and picked the children up from school because a few hours earlier, I was jumping out of a plane!”
To add to Amy’s total see www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Amy-Parr2