Husband and wife team retire
A HUSBAND and wife team are retiring after more than ten years working at a Royston shop. Stephen and Janet Greeves will be leaving Merlin Mica Hardware, in Market Hill, for the last time next week. The pair have been working at the shop since 1997. Hav
A HUSBAND and wife team are retiring after more than ten years working at a Royston shop.
Stephen and Janet Greeves will be leaving Merlin Mica Hardware, in Market Hill, for the last time next week. The pair have been working at the shop since 1997.
Having worked in the hardware department at Harrods, and been sales manager for a national hardware wholesaler, Mr Greeves said that the last ten years have been "the happiest years of his working life."
He said: "You really feel like part of the community here. All the staff and customers are really friendly."
Mrs Greeves has worked in the Cookshop section since joining Merlin Mica, and has also been involved with staff training.
She said: "It's a really great team to have been a part of, but now we will hopefully have time to do all the things that usually get put on the back burner."
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
The couple have a motor home, and are planning a trip to France, while they also hope to use their retirement to spend more time working on their garden and seeing their grandchildren.
Caryl Mutimer, from Merlin Mica Hardware, said: "Janet and Stephen have always given very high standards of service to all their customers. They will be greatly missed by everyone and we wish them a very happy retirement.