Hundreds ready for cancer charity Pink Ribbon event
UP to 600 people will be in the pink on Sunday. They will be taking part in this year s Cancer Research UK Pink Ribbon Run/Walk on Therfield Heath. Both men and women will be taking part in this year s 5km event, which will begin at 11am. A warm up sessi
UP to 600 people will be in the pink on Sunday.
They will be taking part in this year's Cancer Research UK Pink Ribbon Run/Walk on Therfield Heath.
Both men and women will be taking part in this year's 5km event, which will begin at 11am.
A warm up session will be run by Pebbles, from the Black Pig Design Company, and staff from the Royston Leisure Centre at 10.40am.
One of the organisers, Maurice Hill, said: "It should be a fantastic day. Everyone has been telling me how much they are looking forward to it and I hope we can raise a lot of money."
Last year, 500 women took part in the event and raised more than £20,000 for the charity.
- 1 Owner elated as cat returns after going missing for 11 years
- 2 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 3 Life-saving defibrillator donated to Melbourn Bowls Club
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 5 things to do on a rainy day in Hertfordshire
- 6 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 7 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 8 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 9 Help and advice if you are struggling with spiralling living costs
- 10 A-level results 2022: Where to find help with stress and anxiety in Herts
The Heath Sports Centre will be putting on a barbeque.
Royston's MP Oliver Heald will be drawing a raffle after the event.
Organisers will be accepting entries up to 10am on the day.
And all competitors who complete the event will receive a goody bag and medal.
Prizes will be awarded for the best pink outfit on the day and the most successful fund-raiser.
- For more information visit www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk