Hundreds ready for cancer charity Pink Ribbon event
UP to 600 people will be in the pink on Sunday. They will be taking part in this year s Cancer Research UK Pink Ribbon Run/Walk on Therfield Heath. Both men and women will be taking part in this year s 5km event, which will begin at 11am. A warm up sessi
UP to 600 people will be in the pink on Sunday.
They will be taking part in this year's Cancer Research UK Pink Ribbon Run/Walk on Therfield Heath.
Both men and women will be taking part in this year's 5km event, which will begin at 11am.
A warm up session will be run by Pebbles, from the Black Pig Design Company, and staff from the Royston Leisure Centre at 10.40am.
One of the organisers, Maurice Hill, said: "It should be a fantastic day. Everyone has been telling me how much they are looking forward to it and I hope we can raise a lot of money."
Last year, 500 women took part in the event and raised more than £20,000 for the charity.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 3 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 4 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 5 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
The Heath Sports Centre will be putting on a barbeque.
Royston's MP Oliver Heald will be drawing a raffle after the event.
Organisers will be accepting entries up to 10am on the day.
And all competitors who complete the event will receive a goody bag and medal.
Prizes will be awarded for the best pink outfit on the day and the most successful fund-raiser.
- For more information visit www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk