Hundreds ready for cancer charity Pink Ribbon event
UP to 600 people will be in the pink on Sunday. They will be taking part in this year s Cancer Research UK Pink Ribbon Run/Walk on Therfield Heath. Both men and women will be taking part in this year s 5km event, which will begin at 11am. A warm up sessi
UP to 600 people will be in the pink on Sunday.
They will be taking part in this year's Cancer Research UK Pink Ribbon Run/Walk on Therfield Heath.
Both men and women will be taking part in this year's 5km event, which will begin at 11am.
A warm up session will be run by Pebbles, from the Black Pig Design Company, and staff from the Royston Leisure Centre at 10.40am.
You may also want to watch:
One of the organisers, Maurice Hill, said: "It should be a fantastic day. Everyone has been telling me how much they are looking forward to it and I hope we can raise a lot of money."
Last year, 500 women took part in the event and raised more than £20,000 for the charity.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
The Heath Sports Centre will be putting on a barbeque.
Royston's MP Oliver Heald will be drawing a raffle after the event.
Organisers will be accepting entries up to 10am on the day.
And all competitors who complete the event will receive a goody bag and medal.
Prizes will be awarded for the best pink outfit on the day and the most successful fund-raiser.
- For more information visit www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk