House plan out of character
PLANS to erect a detached house have been described as an over-imposing development . The comment came from Cllr Robert Smith during Royston Town Council s planning committee discussions on the scheme. The plan submitted was to build a detached house on
PLANS to erect a detached house have been described as "an over-imposing development".
The comment came from Cllr Robert Smith during Royston Town Council's planning committee discussions on the scheme.
The plan submitted was to build a detached house on land at 62 Green Drift, Royston.
Cllr Smith said the scheme did not recognise the "character of the area".
You may also want to watch:
And Cllr Marguerite Phillips said: "It seems that the whole of Green Drift is under attack."
The committee said it could not support the plan because it was out of character with the area.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- The committee gave its support for a development of two dwelling in Victoria Avenue, Royston.