Hotter than Ibiza! Met Office forecasts a weekend of hot weather for North Herts and South Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Get the shorts and swingball out! North Herts and South Cambs are forecast to be hotter than Ibiza this weekend.
The Met Office has forecast a maximum temperature of 20°C on Sunday, and it could yet go higher.
It is set to reach that temperature in Royston, Bassingbourn, Wimpole and Duxford at about 4pm, whereas the Balearic island of Ibiza is forecast ‘only’ to reach a high of 19°C.
While Saturday is expected to be mostly cloudy here with a high of 15°C, sun is forecast most of the day on Sunday.
It’s all due to a high pressure front, which has been giving us warm weather and chilly nights all week.
You may also want to watch:
This will pull away over the weekend, but instead we will be getting weather from the continental countries to the south – rather than from the south-west as we are currently getting.
This will mean the temperatures will rise to the low 20s in some places. This, the Met Office says, is well above average for the time of year and is considered “notable, but not exceptional”.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
However, these sunny climates are well short of the maximum temperature which has been recorded for this time of year.
The record was made in London’s Camden on Saturday, April 16, 1949, with a temperature of 29.4°C.