Cambridgeshire set to scorch in temperatures hotter than Ibiza
- Credit: PA
If you’re heading out this weekend, make sure you’ve packed your sunscreen as the region is set to be hit by scorching temperatures up to 28C.
Starting from this evening, the boiling hot weather is set to continue throughout the weekend and into Monday, with humid days hotter than Greece and Ibiza.
Sunday (June 13) is predicted as the weekend’s hottest day with temperatures reaching 26C (78.8F), followed by Monday at 28C (82.4F).
A Met Office spokesperson said: “A widely sunny start to Saturday, though some patchy cloud developing by mid-morning.
“Prolonged sunshine expected through the afternoon. Warm or very warm inland, though slightly fresher along some North Sea coasts. Maximum temperature 25 °C.
You may also want to watch:
“Sunday to Tuesday are sunny and very warm, perhaps hot day Sunday.
“Turning cloudier Monday, but still warm or very warm and sunny for a time. Dry, very warm and sunny on Tuesday.”
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county