Host of activities to keep kids entertained in North Herts parks over Easter holidays
- Credit: Archant
There is a host of activities to keep kids entertained in North Herts parks over the Easter holidays.
The open space will be transformed into hives of activity with inflatables, arts and crafts, sport, messy play fun and designated beach areas over Easter for the extravaganza put on by North Herts District Council’s active communities team.
The free festival will be visiting Barkway Recreation Ground on Tuesday between 10am and 12 noon, before heading to Ashwell Recreation Ground between 2pm and 4pm.
Priory Gardens in Royston plays host on Thursday morning from 10am until 12 noon.
Councillor Tony Hunter, who is responsible for community engagement at the council, said: “Last year the festivals of fun were a huge success and hundreds of people joined in the fun.
You may also want to watch:
“There are some great activities for children of all ages, whether you are looking for ways to keep children entertained on a budget or hoping to experience something more adventurous.”
For more information search for ‘family festivals’ at www.north-herts.gov.uk or contact Gemma Crosk on 01462 474560.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?