Hospice to raise awareness
A HOSPICE is inviting residents in Buntingford and the surrounding area to the launch of its 25th anniversary celebrations. Members of the Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, will be coming to The Manor House in Buntingford to raise awareness of the hos
A HOSPICE is inviting residents in Buntingford and the surrounding area to the launch of its 25th anniversary celebrations.
Members of the Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, will be coming to The Manor House in Buntingford to raise awareness of the hospice and highlight the importance of volunteers.
The event will also give people the chance to meet and talk to existing volunteers, nurses and trustees.
Hospice fund-raiser, Cheryl Cusack said: "This will be an interesting day for the public. It is the start of our rolling programme of 25th anniversary events in this area.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope as many people as possible will come along."
Reed Cricket Club and The Crown pub in Buntingford will be presenting cheques to the hospice from various fund-raising events.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
After the presentations, Barbara Doherty, the life vice-president of the hospice, will be giving a talk on the hospice's anniversary.
- Doors will be open between 10am-3pm on Saturday, October 14. For more details call 01707 376782.