Hospice to raise awareness
A HOSPICE is inviting residents in Buntingford and the surrounding area to the launch of its 25th anniversary celebrations. Members of the Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, will be coming to The Manor House in Buntingford to raise awareness of the hos
A HOSPICE is inviting residents in Buntingford and the surrounding area to the launch of its 25th anniversary celebrations.
Members of the Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, will be coming to The Manor House in Buntingford to raise awareness of the hospice and highlight the importance of volunteers.
The event will also give people the chance to meet and talk to existing volunteers, nurses and trustees.
Hospice fund-raiser, Cheryl Cusack said: "This will be an interesting day for the public. It is the start of our rolling programme of 25th anniversary events in this area.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope as many people as possible will come along."
Reed Cricket Club and The Crown pub in Buntingford will be presenting cheques to the hospice from various fund-raising events.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
After the presentations, Barbara Doherty, the life vice-president of the hospice, will be giving a talk on the hospice's anniversary.
- Doors will be open between 10am-3pm on Saturday, October 14. For more details call 01707 376782.