Hospice to raise awareness
A HOSPICE is inviting residents in Buntingford and the surrounding area to the launch of its 25th anniversary celebrations. Members of the Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, will be coming to The Manor House in Buntingford to raise awareness of the hos
A HOSPICE is inviting residents in Buntingford and the surrounding area to the launch of its 25th anniversary celebrations.
Members of the Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, will be coming to The Manor House in Buntingford to raise awareness of the hospice and highlight the importance of volunteers.
The event will also give people the chance to meet and talk to existing volunteers, nurses and trustees.
Hospice fund-raiser, Cheryl Cusack said: "This will be an interesting day for the public. It is the start of our rolling programme of 25th anniversary events in this area.
"We hope as many people as possible will come along."
Reed Cricket Club and The Crown pub in Buntingford will be presenting cheques to the hospice from various fund-raising events.
- 1 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 2 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 6 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 7 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 8 Royston struggle to add second win to opening day success
- 9 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
After the presentations, Barbara Doherty, the life vice-president of the hospice, will be giving a talk on the hospice's anniversary.
- Doors will be open between 10am-3pm on Saturday, October 14. For more details call 01707 376782.