Hospice to raise awareness
A HOSPICE is inviting residents in Buntingford and the surrounding area to the launch of its 25th anniversary celebrations. Members of the Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, will be coming to The Manor House in Buntingford to raise awareness of the hos
A HOSPICE is inviting residents in Buntingford and the surrounding area to the launch of its 25th anniversary celebrations.
Members of the Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, will be coming to The Manor House in Buntingford to raise awareness of the hospice and highlight the importance of volunteers.
The event will also give people the chance to meet and talk to existing volunteers, nurses and trustees.
Hospice fund-raiser, Cheryl Cusack said: "This will be an interesting day for the public. It is the start of our rolling programme of 25th anniversary events in this area.
"We hope as many people as possible will come along."
Reed Cricket Club and The Crown pub in Buntingford will be presenting cheques to the hospice from various fund-raising events.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 10 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
After the presentations, Barbara Doherty, the life vice-president of the hospice, will be giving a talk on the hospice's anniversary.
- Doors will be open between 10am-3pm on Saturday, October 14. For more details call 01707 376782.