Hopes rise for railway station commuter car park scheme
A PIECE of land in Odsey could be redeveloped into a car park for commuters using Ashwell and Morden railway station. A planning application to change the use of the land has been submitted to South Cambridgeshire District Council. The land has been temp
A PIECE of land in Odsey could be redeveloped into a car park for commuters using Ashwell and Morden railway station.
A planning application to change the use of the land has been submitted to South Cambridgeshire District Council.
The land has been temporarily used as an overflow car park for commuters for the past year, after a campaign by county councillor Linda Oliver.
Cllr Oliver said: "Submitting the application is a marvellous move because more people will use the station.
You may also want to watch:
"The land has been so well used. The car park is better for the residents of Odsey because they don't have lots of cars parking on the verges, so we're keen to make sure the facility continues.
"I have had nothing but support from all the parishes who have residents who use the car park.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
"If the application is accepted I think there's a possibility more residents will be less likely to commute to other stations."
However, she added: "I think security will need to be improved at the parking area, and there are plans to put in closed-circuit television 24-hours-a-day, while keeping it in with the rural environment.
"I think the landowner is generous for letting the piece of land be used for such a long time.