Fashion party success for Home-Start Royston & South Cambs
- Credit: Archant
The team at family support charity Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire have had a “wonderful evening” at a fundraising Fashion Party in Melbourn.
Sally and Steff Saunders of Melbourn beauty salon Esse hosted the event to raise funds for the cause, which supports families in times of crisis.
On arrival, guests were given a glass of wine while they browsed the clothes on sale, before being treated to a fast-moving fashion show with background music that “had everyone tapping their toes”.
Sally and Steff said: “It is always a pleasure holding a fashion party at Esse for Home-Start. We raised £1,237, which is now more important than ever as the Home-Start scheme receive no government funding.”
A charity spokeswoman said: “Home-Start would like to say a huge thank you to Sally, Steff and their team of models and helpers for a really fun evening.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks also to Esse and to all who donated prizes for the raffle. The total raised is enough to enable a home-visiting volunteer and our staff team to support a family for nine months – a great result, especially in these difficult financial times.”
Home-Start knows that being a parent isn’t always easy, and offers support, friendship and practical help for families experiencing difficulties with ill health, disability, post-natal illness, behaviour problems, healthy eating, getting out and about and lots of other issues.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
Volunteers visit families in their own homes and offer understanding, reassurance, a listening ear and practical help.
The charity will be running a course for new volunteers in the new year on the following dates – January 28 and 29, February 4, 5, 11, 12, 25 and 26, and March 4 next year. Each course runs between 9.30am and 2.30pm.
Call Jackie or Jo at Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire on 01763 262262, email email@example.com or go to www.hsrsc.org.uk for more information.
The charity is also throwing a wine tasting evening in association with Cambridge Wine Royston on Tuesday next week.
A wine expert will be along to the event at the Gin Palace in Kneesworth Street to introduce various wines.
Tickets are £20 per person for the evening and it starts at 7.30pm.
Call Home-Start or go to www.ticketsource.co.uk/hsrsc to book yours.