Home-Start families benefit from band concert
A CONCERT by Royston Town Band raised �750 for charity. The cash from the Christmas event has been donated to Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start, the charity which helps young families in the Royston area. Paul Skerry, from Royston Town Band, pre
A CONCERT by Royston Town Band raised �750 for charity.
The cash from the Christmas event has been donated to Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start, the charity which helps young families in the Royston area.
Paul Skerry, from Royston Town Band, presented the money to Home-Start's administrator, Tracy Aggett.
Tracy said: "We received a call at the office in early December from Paul to tell us that the band had chosen us as the charity that they would like to support.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to thank the Royston Town Band for their magnificent fundraising - it means so much to us to know that local organisations are supporting us to carry out the work we do within our local community.
"The money raised will be used this year to fund the events to be held for our families over the next Christmas period, which will include a trip to the pantomime at Stevenage and their Christmas party."
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
Home-Start has received valuable support from other groups, including Melbourn Baptist Church which raised money through its Christmas card collection, and the Music for Mums group run by Linda Bance.
Joan Gipson of Meldreth, also came to its aid.
Tracy said: "Joan celebrated her 80th birthday and asked for donations to Home-Start instead of receiving birthday gifts - once again, wonderful support from local people."
If you would like further information about the Royston Town Band or their practice nights (Thursdays at 7.30pm), contact Paul Skerry on 07909 598425 or log on to www.roystontownband.co.uk