Holiday fun gets children active in Royston and Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate the school holidays in style last week, there was free Easter fun in a Royston park.
The event, held by North Herts District Council on Wednesday, saw children get stuck into activities, including inflatable fun, Easter-themed arts and crafts, sports and play equipment for all ages and the added attraction this year of a ‘Big Paint’ area, which saw children get creative and messy. Jodie Robertson from NHDC’s active communities team, said: “It was a fantastic day at Priory Gardens, with arts and crafts, sports and play activities keeping lots of children entertained and happy.
“Look out for further free events planned for the summer school holidays.”
Over in Melbourn, children were put through the paces when they joined in the fun and games at the sports centre’s holiday play scheme. Activities included a swimming, fun games, trampolining and colouring competitions.
Graham Johnson-Mack, manager of Melbourn Sports Centre, said: “These holiday schemes are always well attended, but this year more than ever, with more than 200 children attending.
You may also want to watch:
“The children seemed to have so much fun and love the activities that we put on offer especially swimming and trampolining.”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks