Historian gets ready to spook with ghost tour around Royston
- Credit: Damien O'Dell
People keen to have a spooktacular time on Saturday are urged to join a ghost tour of Royston, which promises a generous serving of spine-tingling stories to get you shaking in your boots.
The family-friendly tour of the town will start at 11.30am and will be led by local author, historian and public speaker Damien O’Dell.
The tour will start at 11.30am at Royston railway station in Kneesworth Street.
Tickets are £6 each – £4.50 for under 16s and OAPs – from Royston Library in Market Hill.
Alternatively people are invited to just turn up and buy a ticket on the day.
A well-known author and expert on all things ghostly, Damien has written a series of books on the paranormal in the counties of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
The books tell accounts of well known hauntings, as well as uncovering some unknown spooky locations through tales of the area.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'