Historian gets ready to spook with ghost tour around Royston
- Credit: Damien O'Dell
People keen to have a spooktacular time on Saturday are urged to join a ghost tour of Royston, which promises a generous serving of spine-tingling stories to get you shaking in your boots.
The family-friendly tour of the town will start at 11.30am and will be led by local author, historian and public speaker Damien O’Dell.
The tour will start at 11.30am at Royston railway station in Kneesworth Street.
Tickets are £6 each – £4.50 for under 16s and OAPs – from Royston Library in Market Hill.
Alternatively people are invited to just turn up and buy a ticket on the day.
You may also want to watch:
A well-known author and expert on all things ghostly, Damien has written a series of books on the paranormal in the counties of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
The books tell accounts of well known hauntings, as well as uncovering some unknown spooky locations through tales of the area.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'