Hills Road Sixth Form College wins mental health award
- Credit: Archant
Members of staff at Hills Road Sixth Form College in Cambridge have been presented with the AcSEED award for emotional wellbeing and mental health support.
They are the first school or college in Cambridgeshire to have gained the prestigious award.
Initiative founder Charlotte Gatherer said: “AcSEED promotes adoption of best practices in supporting the emotional wellbeing and mental health of young people in schools and colleges, and provides recognition for organisations that satisfy the AcSEED criteria for wellbeing support.
“The AcSEED assessment team were impressed by the strong wellbeing ethos at Hills Road Sixth Form College, and by the comprehensive range of mental health and wellbeing provisions available to staff and students. We are therefore delighted to announce that Hills Road Sixth Form College has been accredited with the AcSEED award.”
Lucy Edevane, associate principal at Hills Road, said “We are incredibly pleased to have achieved this award, which recognises the outstanding wellbeing and mental health support that the college provides.
You may also want to watch:
“For a great number of our students, this support is vital in allowing them to achieve the positive outcomes, both academic and personal, that they strive for.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash