High standards recognised
AN ORGANISATION which serves the community has been recognised for high standards in volunteer centre management. The Royston and District Volunteer Centre has received the Quality Accreditation Mark from Volunteering England with a perfect score of 22/22
AN ORGANISATION which serves the community has been recognised for high standards in volunteer centre management.
The Royston and District Volunteer Centre has received the Quality Accreditation Mark from Volunteering England with a perfect score of 22/22.
Centre manager, Denise Graham said: "We are very pleased, but it was a surprising score. We knew we were doing the right things, but the organisation is a big organisation, and we didn't know how we would measure up to centres in London."
The centre had to meet certain standards over six core functions, which included encouraging local interest, placing suitable volunteers in voluntary organisations, and training and promoting good practice.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Graham believes their success is due to the 'commitment and enthusiasm' of everyone involved.
The centre currently has 447 volunteers in Royston and surrounding areas.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Mrs Graham said: "Look at the volunteering opportunities on our database. There is a range of opportunities, depending on people's interests and skills."
For more information call the Volunteer Centre on01763 243020.
E mail email@example.com