High standards recognised
AN ORGANISATION which serves the community has been recognised for high standards in volunteer centre management. The Royston and District Volunteer Centre has received the Quality Accreditation Mark from Volunteering England with a perfect score of 22/22
AN ORGANISATION which serves the community has been recognised for high standards in volunteer centre management.
The Royston and District Volunteer Centre has received the Quality Accreditation Mark from Volunteering England with a perfect score of 22/22.
Centre manager, Denise Graham said: "We are very pleased, but it was a surprising score. We knew we were doing the right things, but the organisation is a big organisation, and we didn't know how we would measure up to centres in London."
The centre had to meet certain standards over six core functions, which included encouraging local interest, placing suitable volunteers in voluntary organisations, and training and promoting good practice.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Graham believes their success is due to the 'commitment and enthusiasm' of everyone involved.
The centre currently has 447 volunteers in Royston and surrounding areas.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Mrs Graham said: "Look at the volunteering opportunities on our database. There is a range of opportunities, depending on people's interests and skills."
For more information call the Volunteer Centre on01763 243020.
E mail firstname.lastname@example.org