High Sheriff pays visit to Royston
THE High Sheriff of Hertfordshire paid a visit to Royston yesterday (Wednesday).
Gerald Corbett took an afternoon tour of North Herts, visiting Royston Community Transport, Triangle Community Gardens in Hitchin and Home Start in Letchworth GC.
In Royston, He was accompanied by wife Virginia, chairman of NHDC Cllr David Levett, Cllr F John Smith and co-ordinator Pru Burton.
Community transport manager David Wherrell, who greeted the party, said: “We showed them around out transport scheme and gave them an idea of how it works.
“The scheme’s wheelchair-accessible minibus and MPV were on show for the visitors and they were given a brief presentation about the scheme’s history and how it operates in and around Royston.”
You may also want to watch:
“Mr Corbett was very interested in how RDCT received its funding and the large area it serves in North Hertfordshire and South Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims