High Sheriff pays visit to Royston
THE High Sheriff of Hertfordshire paid a visit to Royston yesterday (Wednesday).
Gerald Corbett took an afternoon tour of North Herts, visiting Royston Community Transport, Triangle Community Gardens in Hitchin and Home Start in Letchworth GC.
In Royston, He was accompanied by wife Virginia, chairman of NHDC Cllr David Levett, Cllr F John Smith and co-ordinator Pru Burton.
Community transport manager David Wherrell, who greeted the party, said: “We showed them around out transport scheme and gave them an idea of how it works.
“The scheme’s wheelchair-accessible minibus and MPV were on show for the visitors and they were given a brief presentation about the scheme’s history and how it operates in and around Royston.”
You may also want to watch:
“Mr Corbett was very interested in how RDCT received its funding and the large area it serves in North Hertfordshire and South Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance