High Sheriff pays visit to Royston
THE High Sheriff of Hertfordshire paid a visit to Royston yesterday (Wednesday).
Gerald Corbett took an afternoon tour of North Herts, visiting Royston Community Transport, Triangle Community Gardens in Hitchin and Home Start in Letchworth GC.
In Royston, He was accompanied by wife Virginia, chairman of NHDC Cllr David Levett, Cllr F John Smith and co-ordinator Pru Burton.
Community transport manager David Wherrell, who greeted the party, said: “We showed them around out transport scheme and gave them an idea of how it works.
“The scheme’s wheelchair-accessible minibus and MPV were on show for the visitors and they were given a brief presentation about the scheme’s history and how it operates in and around Royston.”
You may also want to watch:
“Mr Corbett was very interested in how RDCT received its funding and the large area it serves in North Hertfordshire and South Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 10 Have your say at virtual town meeting