Heydon golfers hold fundraisers to celebrate club’s 25th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Heydon Grange Golf and Country Club have hosted a series of events to raise money for local charities to celebrate their 25th anniversary.
The club held a charity day for two charitable organisations - Home-Start Royston & South Cambs and Sands stillbirth and neonatal death charity - raising more than £2,700.
This comes after the club kicked off their fundraising efforts with a charity open golf day to support East Anglian Air Ambulance earlier this month.
Sponsors donated auction prizes including holidays, golf days and golf equipment.
With 24 taking part, the golf club raised a total of £8,700 on the day, with all proceeds going directly to the EAAA thanks to participants and members continual generosity.
You may also want to watch:
Heydon Grange would like to thank all those who generously provided prizes, the teams for entering and all those who helped to make the day such a great success - as well as their 125 club members for raising such a considerable amount in the space of just one week.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange