Heydon florist prepares to shave off entire head of hair
- Credit: Archant
A self-employed Heydon-based florist is ready to brave the shave as she has every lock of hair cut off for charity.
Collette Chester, who runs Origins Event Floral Design, will have every inch of her long hair snipped off to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. The Brave The Shave campaign will run throughout August to help cancer sufferers cope with hair loss.
The 33-year-old said: “I’ve always wanted to shave my hair off, since I was a child. I am super excited to do it.
“I’m braving the shave for a good cause, and if I can tick a box off my list and raise as much money as I possibly can while doing it then all the better.”
Collette will donate the hair she has cut off to the Little Princess Trust, a charity which provides real hair wigs for children who suffer from hair loss.
You may also want to watch:
She will brave the shave on August 13 at 10am at Henrick’s Hairdressing Salon in Angel Pavement.
Her fundraising page says she has currently raised about £100 of her total £500 target.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
To donate to Collette’s shave, visit bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/collette-chester.