Heydon florist prepares to shave off entire head of hair
- Credit: Archant
A self-employed Heydon-based florist is ready to brave the shave as she has every lock of hair cut off for charity.
Collette Chester, who runs Origins Event Floral Design, will have every inch of her long hair snipped off to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. The Brave The Shave campaign will run throughout August to help cancer sufferers cope with hair loss.
The 33-year-old said: “I’ve always wanted to shave my hair off, since I was a child. I am super excited to do it.
“I’m braving the shave for a good cause, and if I can tick a box off my list and raise as much money as I possibly can while doing it then all the better.”
Collette will donate the hair she has cut off to the Little Princess Trust, a charity which provides real hair wigs for children who suffer from hair loss.
She will brave the shave on August 13 at 10am at Henrick’s Hairdressing Salon in Angel Pavement.
Her fundraising page says she has currently raised about £100 of her total £500 target.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
To donate to Collette’s shave, visit bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/collette-chester.