Heydon florist prepares to shave off entire head of hair
- Credit: Archant
A self-employed Heydon-based florist is ready to brave the shave as she has every lock of hair cut off for charity.
Collette Chester, who runs Origins Event Floral Design, will have every inch of her long hair snipped off to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. The Brave The Shave campaign will run throughout August to help cancer sufferers cope with hair loss.
The 33-year-old said: “I’ve always wanted to shave my hair off, since I was a child. I am super excited to do it.
“I’m braving the shave for a good cause, and if I can tick a box off my list and raise as much money as I possibly can while doing it then all the better.”
Collette will donate the hair she has cut off to the Little Princess Trust, a charity which provides real hair wigs for children who suffer from hair loss.
You may also want to watch:
She will brave the shave on August 13 at 10am at Henrick’s Hairdressing Salon in Angel Pavement.
Her fundraising page says she has currently raised about £100 of her total £500 target.
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service
To donate to Collette’s shave, visit bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/collette-chester.