Heydon florist prepares to shave off entire head of hair
- Credit: Archant
A self-employed Heydon-based florist is ready to brave the shave as she has every lock of hair cut off for charity.
Collette Chester, who runs Origins Event Floral Design, will have every inch of her long hair snipped off to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. The Brave The Shave campaign will run throughout August to help cancer sufferers cope with hair loss.
The 33-year-old said: “I’ve always wanted to shave my hair off, since I was a child. I am super excited to do it.
“I’m braving the shave for a good cause, and if I can tick a box off my list and raise as much money as I possibly can while doing it then all the better.”
Collette will donate the hair she has cut off to the Little Princess Trust, a charity which provides real hair wigs for children who suffer from hair loss.
She will brave the shave on August 13 at 10am at Henrick’s Hairdressing Salon in Angel Pavement.
Her fundraising page says she has currently raised about £100 of her total £500 target.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
To donate to Collette’s shave, visit bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/collette-chester.