Heydon florist prepares to shave off entire head of hair
- Credit: Archant
A self-employed Heydon-based florist is ready to brave the shave as she has every lock of hair cut off for charity.
Collette Chester, who runs Origins Event Floral Design, will have every inch of her long hair snipped off to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. The Brave The Shave campaign will run throughout August to help cancer sufferers cope with hair loss.
The 33-year-old said: “I’ve always wanted to shave my hair off, since I was a child. I am super excited to do it.
“I’m braving the shave for a good cause, and if I can tick a box off my list and raise as much money as I possibly can while doing it then all the better.”
Collette will donate the hair she has cut off to the Little Princess Trust, a charity which provides real hair wigs for children who suffer from hair loss.
You may also want to watch:
She will brave the shave on August 13 at 10am at Henrick’s Hairdressing Salon in Angel Pavement.
Her fundraising page says she has currently raised about £100 of her total £500 target.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
To donate to Collette’s shave, visit bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/collette-chester.