Herts Police and Crime Commissioner David Lloyd to attend community surgery in Royston
- Credit: Archant
HERTFORDSHIRE’S Police and Crime commissioner David Lloyd is coming to Royston on Saturday.
Commissioner Lloyd will join councillors and police officers at their community surgery in Angel Pavement, and will be on hand to answer questions about policing in the county.
“For really effective policing it is vital to gauge the views of the public,” he said.
“In this country we have policing by consent and we now also have elected representatives, the Police and Crime Commissioners, who hold the local police force to account on your behalf. I want people to tell me what they think so I can make sure their voices are heard.
“My first Police and Crime Plan is finalised next week and in it are some of the initiatives and ideas that I will be driving forward. Some of the ideas have come straight from the people, and I will endeavour to carry on consulting local people and those already working in the criminal justice and community safety fields to ensure that my plans are always fit for purpose.”
You may also want to watch:
Safer Neighbourhood Sergeant Jon Vine said: “Neighbourhood policing is all about being accessible and visible in the community and this surgery is just one way to meet the public face-to-face in an informal setting. At previous surgeries, residents have come to us to discuss issues ranging from fly tipping to noise nuisance. We look forward to meeting residents on the day and also to welcoming Police and Crime Commissioner, David Lloyd.”
The surgery will run from 10am-11.30am at a gazebo in Angel Pavement.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 5 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 6 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued