Hertfordshire police tell people prescribed slimming pills from Easyslim clinics to get medical advi
POLICE are appealing to people who have been prescribed slimming pills from a number of clinics to make contact with their GP or pharmacy to get medical advice.The clinics, Easyslim, were based across the country but have now been closed down. Locally, t
POLICE are appealing to people who have been prescribed slimming pills from a number of clinics to make contact with their GP or pharmacy to get medical advice.
The clinics, Easyslim, were based across the country but have now been closed down.
Locally, there was one at New Road, Stanborough, Welwyn Garden City
The appeal follows the arrest and charge of a 57-year-old woman from Romford, in connection with drug supply offences.
You may also want to watch:
Det Supt Jane Swinburne of the Herts serious and organised crime group said:
"Anyone who has been prescribed tablets at these clinics should make contact with their GP or a local pharmacist who can offer further healthcare advice.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
"This enquiry will continue for some time but our priority at the moment is making sure those who have attended these clinics are aware of the situation. We have already posted messages at the clinics to warn the public and wanted to make a wider appeal.
"In the past few days, we have been working to identify the locations of the clinics and anybody else who may be connected with this investigation. A second individual, a 62-year-old man from Merseyside, has been arrested on suspicion of money laundering and has been released on bail."
The Essex woman has been charged with four offences of supplying a controlled Class C drug.
She was arrested by officers earlier this month on New Road, Welwyn Garden City.
Yesterday (Wednesday) she appeared at Hatfield Remand Court and was remanded in custody to appear before Central Herts Magistrates on January 13.