Hertfordshire Police and Crime commissioner undecided on deputy role
- Credit: Archant
THE police and crime commissioner for Hertfordshire is unsure whether he will hire a new deputy after his second-in-command stepped down.
Commissioner David Lloyd has not decided whether he will replace Dr Rachel Frosh, who handed in her resignation after retweeting a Twitter post which included an Adolf Hitler quote.
“I’ve not made any decision yet,” said Commissioner Lloyd. “I will reflect on it and come to a conclusion by about May or June.
“I will need to think through the job specification a bit more and I will think about the process of appointing a deputy if I do decide to have one.
“Some police and crime commissioners don’t have a deputy while some seemingly have 10 of them so it’s early days and I will have to think about it.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Frosh, who was paid a £20,000 annual salary for working two days a week, stepped down as commissioner Lloyd’s deputy to enable her to explain her position.
Writing on her personal website, she said: “I felt that I could not continue in that role and at the same time defend myself in the regard that the tweet was about exploring the socialist roots of Nazism – nothing else.
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
“It came over as insulting the Labour party and I therefore felt that it would damage the police and crime commissioner’s work with local councils.”
Dr Frosh, who works as a GP and is a Conservative town councillor for Harpenden, has since been suspended from the party’s candidate list, but expects to be reinstated when the facts are reviewed.