Hertsmere MP announces swathe of openings including gyms, pools, beauticians and tattooists
- Credit: Archant
The latest round of re-openings will include gyms, pools, beauticians and tattoo parlours, the culture secretary has announced this afternoon.
Oliver Dowden, who is the MP for Hertsmere, said that from Saturday outdoor pools and performance venues can restart.
Then from Monday, beauticians, tattooists, spas and tanning salons can start priming, plucking and tanning – but remain “subject to some restrictions on particularly high-risk services”, according to Mr Dowden.
However, indoor gyms, swimming pools and sports facilities will need to wait till after July 25.
More local sport will also come back from this weekend, with cricket coming back, and grassroots football following suit from July 25.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dowden explained: “Helping people return to gyms safely will also help the nation get match-fit to defeat this virus.”
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 Missing teen found safe and well
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met