Snow Strider named the Royston Crow gritter
- Credit: Photo supplied
The people have spoken. After seeing off the challenge from Patrick Snowze and Thaw (God of Snow), the Royston Crow can today announce that Snow Strider will be etched on to the side of our gritter in 2020.
Back in November, the Royston Crow announced a new competition giving our readers the chance to name a new gritter on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council.
After a well-fought, spirited process - which some have said has restored their faith in democracy - Snow Strider emerged last week as the public favourite.
Many congratulations to eight-year-old James Mansfield for submitting the winning entry.
Keep your eyes peeled and be sure to say hello if you see Strider on your way!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result