Snow Strider named the Royston Crow gritter
- Credit: Photo supplied
The people have spoken. After seeing off the challenge from Patrick Snowze and Thaw (God of Snow), the Royston Crow can today announce that Snow Strider will be etched on to the side of our gritter in 2020.
Back in November, the Royston Crow announced a new competition giving our readers the chance to name a new gritter on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council.
After a well-fought, spirited process - which some have said has restored their faith in democracy - Snow Strider emerged last week as the public favourite.
Many congratulations to eight-year-old James Mansfield for submitting the winning entry.
Keep your eyes peeled and be sure to say hello if you see Strider on your way!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator