Here’s your chance to join the team at Royston’s new charity shop
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Animal charity Wood Green will soon be opening a brand new charity shop in Royston.
The High Street shop will help raise funds for the cause by selling quality recycled goods, supporting the charity’s mission to take in unwanted and lost animals, provide shelter, care, and find secure and loving homes.
The charity is excited to be establishing a presence in the heart of Royston, close to their Heydon rehoming centre.
And they are currently looking to recruit a team of animal-loving volunteers ready to be involved in the shop’s success.
The role will be to support our sales team and represent Wood Green as an ambassador for their work, providing excellent customer service to members of the public.
Wood Green really values the support of volunteers and has achieved Cambridgeshire Volunteer Centre’s ‘Five Star Focus’ recognition for excellence in volunteer management. If you have a passion for animals, enjoy meeting people and can support Wood Green’s work in any way, we would like to hear from you.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Volunteers need to be aged 16 or over, and the charity would welcome applications to cover various shifts and to suit your availability.
Interested in helping to provide the best possible care for animals in need?
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk