Here’s your chance to join the team at Royston’s new charity shop
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Animal charity Wood Green will soon be opening a brand new charity shop in Royston.
The High Street shop will help raise funds for the cause by selling quality recycled goods, supporting the charity’s mission to take in unwanted and lost animals, provide shelter, care, and find secure and loving homes.
The charity is excited to be establishing a presence in the heart of Royston, close to their Heydon rehoming centre.
And they are currently looking to recruit a team of animal-loving volunteers ready to be involved in the shop’s success.
The role will be to support our sales team and represent Wood Green as an ambassador for their work, providing excellent customer service to members of the public.
Wood Green really values the support of volunteers and has achieved Cambridgeshire Volunteer Centre’s ‘Five Star Focus’ recognition for excellence in volunteer management. If you have a passion for animals, enjoy meeting people and can support Wood Green’s work in any way, we would like to hear from you.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
Volunteers need to be aged 16 or over, and the charity would welcome applications to cover various shifts and to suit your availability.
Interested in helping to provide the best possible care for animals in need?
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk