Help paint Royston yellow for charity!
AN appeal to make Royston a sea of yellow has been lodged by a leading cancer charity.
The Marie Curie Cancer Care fundraising team are appealing for collectors to help them make this years Great Daffodil Appeal the best ever.
Community fundraiser, Christine Brown, said: “We have several collections in Royston during March and are appealing to people to donate an hour or two of their time which will help local people have the choice to spend their final days at home”
Donations will be sought during March and everyone who gives cash will be asked to wear a daffodil pin to support Marie Curie Nurses.
All money raised from the flagship appeal will help provide more free nursing care for people with a terminal illness in their own homes
You may also want to watch:
For more information on how to get involved contact Christine Brown on 01920 467209, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/daffodil
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?