Help hungry Hedgehogs at Shepreth wildlife park
CARING Crow readers have already been emptying their cupboards as part of our campaign to help hungry hedgehogs. We launched our Help for Hedgehogs initiative last week to appeal to members of the public to donate old towels and tins of dog or cat food fo
CARING Crow readers have already been emptying their cupboards as part of our campaign to help hungry hedgehogs.
We launched our Help for Hedgehogs initiative last week to appeal to members of the public to donate old towels and tins of dog or cat food for Shepreth Wildlife Park's dedicated Hedgehog Hospital.
Already items have been flooding in to The Crow offices, in Angel Pavement.
Shepreth has the only facility of its kind in the region for caring for Hedgehogs, and at this time of year they are inundated with spiky refugees brought in by members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
The park's animal manager Rebecca Willers said: "It is both sad and astonishing when you think of the demand for this purpose built unit.
"If the species continues to produce second litters so late on in the year we are concerned we will not be in a position to cope with numbers. We are already considering extending the building we have now," she said.
- 1 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 8 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
If you want to help a hedgehog, bring your donations into The Crow offices and place them under our Christmas tree.