Help Home-Start in Royston and South Cambs recover from county funding blow
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Despite the loss of funding from Herts County Council, the team at Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire is continuing to make plans for the future to ensure that families that need their support are not let down.
Home-Start links a well- prepared support volunteer with each family, offering regular home visits – usually weekly.
The approach varies according to the needs of the family. Volunteers can talk with parents, play with the children or accompany the family on outings and appointments
The charity is recruiting a fundraiser, who they hope will help them to raise the money they need. Their next focus is a training course for new volunteers which will be starting on Wednesday, September 16, and it is not too late for you to sign up for this course, so please do contact us if you are interested in volunteering so that we can pass your details on.
They hope to be able to match these new volunteers to families needing their support in October and November.
Home-Start is very grateful to the Mayor of Royston Councillor Ben Lewis for his support and hope that his events, like the quiz night on Saturday, October 10, are well attended.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
If you would like to find out more about the work of your local Home-Start scheme, please come along to the annual meeting on Tuesday, September 29, at St Mary’s Catholic School in Melbourn Road, Royston, from 7.30pm.
For further details of the training course, annual meeting and fundraising events, you can also contact Home-Start on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01763 262262.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk