Help Home-Start in Royston and South Cambs recover from county funding blow
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Despite the loss of funding from Herts County Council, the team at Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire is continuing to make plans for the future to ensure that families that need their support are not let down.
Home-Start links a well- prepared support volunteer with each family, offering regular home visits – usually weekly.
The approach varies according to the needs of the family. Volunteers can talk with parents, play with the children or accompany the family on outings and appointments
The charity is recruiting a fundraiser, who they hope will help them to raise the money they need. Their next focus is a training course for new volunteers which will be starting on Wednesday, September 16, and it is not too late for you to sign up for this course, so please do contact us if you are interested in volunteering so that we can pass your details on.
You may also want to watch:
They hope to be able to match these new volunteers to families needing their support in October and November.
Home-Start is very grateful to the Mayor of Royston Councillor Ben Lewis for his support and hope that his events, like the quiz night on Saturday, October 10, are well attended.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
If you would like to find out more about the work of your local Home-Start scheme, please come along to the annual meeting on Tuesday, September 29, at St Mary’s Catholic School in Melbourn Road, Royston, from 7.30pm.
For further details of the training course, annual meeting and fundraising events, you can also contact Home-Start on email@example.com or call 01763 262262.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk