Heavy traffic through Hitchin after lorry strikes railway bridge
Heavy traffic is reported on the A10 in Cambridge around the Milton Park and Ride on Wednesday evening. Motorists are also being warned of possible delays through Hitchin on the A505 Cambridge Road where the road remains partially blocked by a lorry that
Heavy traffic is reported on the A10 in Cambridge around the Milton Park and Ride on Wednesday evening.
Motorists are also being warned of possible delays through Hitchin on the A505 Cambridge Road where the road remains partially blocked by a lorry that has struck the railway bridge and police are directing traffic on the B656 Walsworth Road.
On the A1 (M) there is a contraflow system in operation either side of the Hatfield Tunnel through the roadworks where there is also a 40mph speed limit.
Further south on the A1 Barnet Way Barnet by Pass there is very slow and heavy traffic northbound after an accident between two cars and a van at Stirling Corner in Borehamwood.
You may also want to watch:
On the M25 there is very slow moving traffic clockwise between junction 22 at St Albans and junction 24 for Potters Bar. Drivers should also expect possible delays between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood through the roadworks area where there is also a 50mph speed limit.
And on the M11 between Stansted Airport at junction 8 and junction 9 at Saffron Walden there could be delays through the roadworks.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
If you are heading to the M1 expect delays in both directions between the Luton Airport Spur Road at junction 10 and junction 12 for Flitwick. There are reports of slow traffic southbound between Toddington Services and junction 10 with Luton Airport.