Royston car park considered as COVID-19 test site
- Credit: Google Street View
The Warren car park in Royston is being considered as a location for a new coronavirus testing site.
The government's drive-through and walk-through local test sites are usually open seven days a week for people with symptoms to be tested for coronavirus.
Currently there are drive -through sites in Hertford, Broxbourne, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City for everyone living or working in Hertfordshire.
As around 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not have any symptoms, there are also sites in the country where people without symptoms can take rapid tests - including Royston Leisure Centre.
A Herts County Council spokesperson told the Crow: "The Warren car park is being considered as a testing site, but nothing is confirmed as yet."
You may also want to watch:
Herts County Council's notice of the possible testing station is in place from February 5 to June 30.
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 6 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms