Royston car park considered as COVID-19 test site
- Credit: Google Street View
The Warren car park in Royston is being considered as a location for a new coronavirus testing site.
The government's drive-through and walk-through local test sites are usually open seven days a week for people with symptoms to be tested for coronavirus.
Currently there are drive -through sites in Hertford, Broxbourne, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City for everyone living or working in Hertfordshire.
As around 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not have any symptoms, there are also sites in the country where people without symptoms can take rapid tests - including Royston Leisure Centre.
A Herts County Council spokesperson told the Crow: "The Warren car park is being considered as a testing site, but nothing is confirmed as yet."
You may also want to watch:
Herts County Council's notice of the possible testing station is in place from February 5 to June 30.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 3 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 5 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks