Royston car park considered as COVID-19 test site
- Credit: Google Street View
The Warren car park in Royston is being considered as a location for a new coronavirus testing site.
The government's drive-through and walk-through local test sites are usually open seven days a week for people with symptoms to be tested for coronavirus.
Currently there are drive -through sites in Hertford, Broxbourne, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City for everyone living or working in Hertfordshire.
As around 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not have any symptoms, there are also sites in the country where people without symptoms can take rapid tests - including Royston Leisure Centre.
A Herts County Council spokesperson told the Crow: "The Warren car park is being considered as a testing site, but nothing is confirmed as yet."
You may also want to watch:
Herts County Council's notice of the possible testing station is in place from February 5 to June 30.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash