Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- Credit: IAN BURT
The NHS is encouraging young people to book their Covid-19 jabs as there is a "plentiful supply" of vaccines available across Cambridgeshire.
Dr David Vickers is medical director of Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, which runs the large-scale vaccination centres across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
He said: “We currently have plentiful supply of the Astra Zeneca vaccine for people who need their second dose, as well as Pfizer vaccines for people booking their first dose.
He added that vaccines are "extremely safe and effective; I’d encourage anyone who has been invited to book their first or second dose to do so, and join the millions of people who have already had theirs.
“Levels of infection in young people are rising nationally and we know that Covid can have long term implications, so it’s really important young people do book their first jabs as soon as they are invited."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone aged 23 and over can book their vaccination appointment via nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or by calling 119.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford