Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- Credit: IAN BURT
The NHS is encouraging young people to book their Covid-19 jabs as there is a "plentiful supply" of vaccines available across Cambridgeshire.
Dr David Vickers is medical director of Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, which runs the large-scale vaccination centres across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
He said: “We currently have plentiful supply of the Astra Zeneca vaccine for people who need their second dose, as well as Pfizer vaccines for people booking their first dose.
He added that vaccines are "extremely safe and effective; I’d encourage anyone who has been invited to book their first or second dose to do so, and join the millions of people who have already had theirs.
“Levels of infection in young people are rising nationally and we know that Covid can have long term implications, so it’s really important young people do book their first jabs as soon as they are invited."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone aged 23 and over can book their vaccination appointment via nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or by calling 119.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 3 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county