Healthy eating on the menu
HEALTHY eating is on the menu for pupils at Millfield School in Buntingford after they took part in a drama workshop. The Year 4 children were asked to produce short plays containing a message about the importance of a healthy lifestyle. They performed th
HEALTHY eating is on the menu for pupils at Millfield School in Buntingford after they took part in a drama workshop.
The Year 4 children were asked to produce short plays containing a message about the importance of a healthy lifestyle. They performed their pieces to an audience of fellow pupils, and parents, at the school last week.
Class tacher Jill Langley said: "East Herts District Council arranged a drama workshop for us before half- term as part of their Healthy Eating initiative.
"They brought in a professional actor who helped the children come up with some ideas for plays.
You may also want to watch:
"We did plenty of drama-based sessions centred on having a proper diet and healthy lifestyle.
"The children really enjoyed themselves, and Simon Barfoot, who visited us from East Herts District Council, commented that he was very impressed with the commitment and attitude they showed," she said.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
Before the workshop began, the children took part in an activity to assess how much they knew about healthy eating.
They did the same at the end of the day.
"There was a big increase in their knowledge as a direct result of the work they had done throughout the day, so it was a very beneficial exercise," said Jill.