Health chiefs congratulate North Herts nursing heroes recognised by the Queen in New Year honours
- Credit: Archant
Royal recognition for senior nurses working in North Herts has been welcomed by health chiefs this morning.
Among those honoured in the Queen’s New Year honours list, published today, is East & North Herts NHS Trust deputy director of nursing Liz Lees, who receives an MBE.
And the same award goes to her predecessor Phillipa Davies, who moved on from the Trust – which oversees the Lister Hospital in Stevenage and other services - to a new role in London 18 months ago.
The Trust’s director of nursing Angela Thompson said: “I am very proud that their achievements have led to them being awarded an MBE.
“They are both an inspiration and role models for all our staff, especially our nurses and midwives.
“Between them, Liz and Philippa epitomise the spirit and ethos of nursing.”
Trust chief executive Nick Carver added: “I was delighted to hear that Liz had been awarded an MBE. She has worked with the Trust for a number of years, with a particular interest in end-of-life and bereavement care, and her MBE is well deserved.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
“I was also pleased to learn that Philippa – who left us 18 months ago to become the director of nursing at Whittington Health – also received an MBE for her contribution to nursing for improving patient experience through engagement with the charity Kissing it Better.
“On behalf of all of the Trust’s staff, I would like to congratulate Liz and Philippa on their well-deserved recognition.”