Care home residents' spirits lifted after receiving vaccine
- Credit: Barchester Healthcare
Staff and residents at Melbourn Springs Care Home in Royston were "absolutely delighted" to receive the COVID-19 vaccine this week after a challenging year.
Resident Audrey Silsby, 93, said: "It didn't hurt. It was no different to the other vaccines I have had in the past.
"I was lucky enough to have the vaccine here at Melbourn Springs, everyone was so nice."
General manager Karen Allen said: "Last year was like nothing we have seen before in care and now we can see the way out of this pandemic.
"My team has been brilliant in stepping forward to take the vaccine at the earliest opportunity."
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Springs Care Home, which is run by Barchester Healthcare, is welcoming new residents into their homes while following protocols - including a transition period - intended to keep everyone safe.
Almost 100 care homes across Hertfordshire have received the vaccine so far.
- 1 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 4 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 7 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?