Care home residents' spirits lifted after receiving vaccine
- Credit: Barchester Healthcare
Staff and residents at Melbourn Springs Care Home in Royston were "absolutely delighted" to receive the COVID-19 vaccine this week after a challenging year.
Resident Audrey Silsby, 93, said: "It didn't hurt. It was no different to the other vaccines I have had in the past.
"I was lucky enough to have the vaccine here at Melbourn Springs, everyone was so nice."
General manager Karen Allen said: "Last year was like nothing we have seen before in care and now we can see the way out of this pandemic.
"My team has been brilliant in stepping forward to take the vaccine at the earliest opportunity."
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Springs Care Home, which is run by Barchester Healthcare, is welcoming new residents into their homes while following protocols - including a transition period - intended to keep everyone safe.
Almost 100 care homes across Hertfordshire have received the vaccine so far.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange