Care home residents' spirits lifted after receiving vaccine
- Credit: Barchester Healthcare
Staff and residents at Melbourn Springs Care Home in Royston were "absolutely delighted" to receive the COVID-19 vaccine this week after a challenging year.
Resident Audrey Silsby, 93, said: "It didn't hurt. It was no different to the other vaccines I have had in the past.
"I was lucky enough to have the vaccine here at Melbourn Springs, everyone was so nice."
General manager Karen Allen said: "Last year was like nothing we have seen before in care and now we can see the way out of this pandemic.
"My team has been brilliant in stepping forward to take the vaccine at the earliest opportunity."
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Springs Care Home, which is run by Barchester Healthcare, is welcoming new residents into their homes while following protocols - including a transition period - intended to keep everyone safe.
Almost 100 care homes across Hertfordshire have received the vaccine so far.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease