Headteacher pleased with Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
A HEADTEACHER is proud of the way her school is progressing despite seeing it downgraded from ‘outstanding’ to ‘good’ under new Ofsted criteria.
Roman Way First School, in Burns Road, Royston, received the grading after inspectors visited last month. Last time the school was inspected, in 2008, it was given outstanding status, but since then tougher guidelines have been introduced, making it more difficult to achieve the highest standard.
Headteacher Emma Edwards said the whole school was proud of the report, and that it was a positive one in view of the more challenging criteria.
She said: “We are particularly pleased that the inspectors commented that one of our strengths in lessons is that we allow children to think deeply about their learning and that all groups make equally good progress.
“We are very proud of our children, and the inspectors noted their good understanding of right and wrong which is reflected in their good behaviour and positive attitudes to learning and to each other.
You may also want to watch:
“It was reassuring to see that the areas for development match our current school development priorities so we are already moving forward.
“They recognise that we are a caring school, and that the staff and governors give paramount attention to providing a happy environment for the academic success and wellbeing of our pupils.”
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree